The process of studying is an integral part of everybody’s life and personal development work. We spend at least a dozen hours each day on improving our skills in learning, professional career, and even individual hobbies. How to focus on the cognitive process and improve concentration?
One has to be rather tricky with himself to keep a constant focus while studying, clearing his thoughts from all distracting sources. It is the key to better productivity and considerable progress. What helpful tips can advance your cognition?
What is Essential to Prepare Yourself for Studying?
The particular emphasis in any approach should be put on the right organization of a functional place to study. Furniture manufacturers are trying hard to overcome the problem of a proper workspace arrangement. The successful ones, such as Progressive Desk, have already achieved significant results to provide people with highly innovative desk designs. Their goal is to offer you the best quality products ensuring comfort, the flexibility of movement, and energy-saving support.
How to Prepare an Effective Place for Studying to Ensure Better Concentration?
- Make a proper order at your room or office. Clean the dust;
- Air the room. The oxygen will provide enough energy to study;
- Take care of a comfortable chair ensuring maximum comfort and a healthy body position;
- Provide yourself with the possibility to work standing. Let whole your body keep the energy up by moving muscles. This will add activeness and raise mental capacity;
- Remove all unnecessary things from the workplace, but keep the needed supplies where you can easily reach them;
- Get rid of all moving objects and distracting sounds that may disturb your attention. Close the door, ask people not to bother you when it is not urgent.
When the studying environment is ready, let’s figure out how to prepare your mind.
How to Clear Your Thoughts and Focus Better?
Even if you are a hard-working person and love to study, sometimes you face the problem of low focusing. What can be done?
- To hold off on other disturbing thoughts, define a specific time to think of them later;
- Make a schedule. Keeping the deadline in your mind will raise your productivity;
- Prepare a clear plan to fulfil your tasks. Without a structure, the whole process may have an undesired snowball effect;
- Forget about social networks while you study;
- When you need to think especially hard or analyze anything, turn off the gadgets and “stay alone” with your challenge;
- Make small breaks if you feel your mind is getting tensed, tired, or confused by the think tank. Stand, stretch legs, drink a glass of water;
- Always remember your goal. Imagine the satisfaction you will achieve after it is reached.
Although you cannot make the whole outer world disappear to enable your high concentration on studying, the mentioned efficient steps can be followed to control the situation.
About the Author: Hayley Mann is a technology enthusiast specializing in automation methods of ergonomics devices. Her engineering background helps her to create interesting articles on technical topics, making them understandable for all readers.