Nowadays, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, online professions have become very popular. Working from home is not only flexible but also safe and convenient. Yet, lots of people are still sure that to work with a computer it is necessary to have impeccable technical knowledge and have a God-given talent for programming. There is no doubt, that would be a plus, but today almost everyone can master WordPress skills that can open up an array of new opportunities.
The WordPress system allows you to publish content and manage a website without much programming and software development knowledge. Thus, it is especially attractive to resource owners, authors, and editors. Moreover, a lot of modern professions require WordPress skills as it is a perfect way to become an expert in a field. These are writing blog posts and articles, setting up and managing a WordPress site, developing and customizing themes. Let us dive deeper into the topic and reveal the jobs you’ll need WordPress skills for:
1. Digital Marketing Specialist
Digital marketer is a hybrid profession that has emerged recently. It is a specialist working in the sphere of sales, analytics, promotion, and advertising of goods and services on the Internet.
The main tasks of a digital marketer are: getting maximum attention from clients and potential buyers; interacting with consumers; turning leads into purchases. To put it in simple words, a digital marketing specialist must be a jack-of-all-trades with the desire and interest to learn new things. The following requirements are crucial for the field:
- Knowledge of the operation of the special platforms: WordPress, Tilda or Drupal, and other management systems.
- Working with content plans and ability to carefully scan the quality of the text.
- Marketers usually employ assistance tools such as Studyfy, especially when faced with difficulties in writing and proofreading. Writing guides, essay title generator, and proofreading services are helpful to ensure everything is written properly.
- Setting up contextual advertising and analyzing a marketing funnel.
- Analytical and risk management skills (employment of Google Analytics).
2. Web Designer
Web designers engage in the elaborating of UX and UI designs. Thus, they must have both inventive and creative vision. It can help turn the client’s creative ideas into a useful product.
3. SEO Specialist
An SEO specialist is a person responsible for the promotion of different websites in search engines. A major goal of this profession is to increase the site’s position in the list of pages found by search engines. Furthermore, performing internal and external site optimization can enhance the profitability of clients’ sites.
The list of required knowledge consists of the following skills:
- Understanding of the search engine algorithms.
- Ability to work with SEO services and programs.
- Experience with major Content Management Systems – WordPress, Joomla, ModX.
- Optimization of the site structure and installing plugins.
- Comprehension of the usability principles.
4. Social Media Manager
Managing social media for business purposes is not as simple as it may seem. So lots of people are ready to pay someone to develop their social media pages. This is the main task of the representative of this Internet profession.
The job of an SMM manager includes an array of assignments. For example, creating a content plan, developing, and managing a schedule of publication. Besides, advancing a reputation of a brand by creating a visual composition for the page. All these steps are necessary to maintain a user engagement rate.
As a rule, in the job descriptions of an SMM specialist, you can see the following requirements:
- Ability to write attractive texts and create high-quality visual content.
- Understanding the promotional features in each of the social networks.
- Knowledge of the general principles of SEO and CMS.
- Experience in conducting targeted advertising.
- Working with web analytics services.
5. Website Administrator
A website administrator handles an array of functions. They ensure the correct operation and regular updating of the Internet resource. The exact responsibilities of a web administrator are difficult to determine. Indeed, the more an employee knows, the higher is the value in the labor market.
These are the most important WordPress skills necessary for mastering this profession:
- Skill in basic programming languages
- Understanding the processes leading to bugs or breakdowns of an Internet resource Knowing and employing the methods to fix the malfunctions
- Working with CMS systems for organizing website management
- Skills in planning terms of reference for web designers and developers
6. Web Developer
The web developer profession has many narrow specializations. The basic division is into the following types: backend and frontend. The first one deals with everything happening on the server-side: calculations, working with databases, interacting with other services. The second type relates to the work on the client-side: the correct display of web pages on different types of devices.
There is no doubt that the job of web developer requires more professional skills than the positions previously discussed. First of all, fluency in HTML and CSS is needed. Moreover, working with one or several programming languages is crucial. It is important to consider that plugin installation and the ability to manage large databases (SQL, MySQL) will also be in high demand.
Have you ever wondered about sharing your thoughts online? If the answer is yes, then becoming a professional blogger is a perfect remote work option. The ability to write and publish materials and posts in WordPress is a basic skill necessary for blogging.
The creative aspect and the possibility to monetize are what make blogging so attractive. The most difficult part in this field is promoting the blog so that more people can follow it. Yet, that is possible to achieve through employment the right marketing strategies, SEO, and persistent work.
Online professions are valuable in the labor market and attractive for modern people. Thus, this is a chance to become a part of this digital community and get new skills that will allow you to choose a prospective job. There exist an array of opportunities for WordPress specialists, whether it be a beginner or a qualified expert in the field. The only thing is to improve your existing skills while trying to fix knowledge gaps so that it is possible to get any desired position.