Balancing work life and personal life is hectic enough, but throw travel into the mix and suddenly it’s a whirlwind that’s tough to handle. If you’re traveling for work or simply trying to squeeze in a vacation in the midst of life, it’s time to take control. Putting self-care at the center is absolutely vital. If you’re not taking care of your health, everything from work to life to your travel plans will suffer.
Fortunately, it’s pretty easy to incorporate some self-care love into the busiest of routines. Here are six ways to make it happen:
- Upgrade your ride. If you have a long commute or are starting to travel by car regularly, the space you inhabit means a great deal. Upgrading toa spacious sedan or SUV can increase your comfort and safety while on the road. A lot of people are facing longer and longer commutes, sometimes spending hours on the road every day. If those hours are miserable, that sets the stage for the entire day.
- Choose hotels or home shares that give you what you need. If you have a great gym routine at home but never find time to squeeze in a session when you’retraveling, why not? Make sure you choose a hotel that has a decent gym or a home share that is close to a gym where you have a membership. When getting to the gym is just as easy while traveling as it is while you’re at home, you can find the time.
- Make sure your commute time is well spent. You already know what stresses you as well as what brings you peace or joy. If the news stresses you out, don’t turn on the news station during your trip. Commutes and long drives can be a time to catch up on podcasts, listen to a joy-inducing soundtrack, or listen to an audiobook. If you’re traveling with others, it can also be a time to bond with fellow passengers. Take conscious measures to reduce your stress while driving and actually put this time to use.
- Packlike a pro. How are your packing skills? They could probably be better, and making your packing tighter and faster is a great little self-care perk. You’ll be able to more easily carry your luggage and won’t have to worry about missing anything. If you make packing lists, get organized and choose items to regularly carry that are lightweight and durable. This last tip can make your packing just a little bit easier.
- Squeeze in some meditation. Meditation can be done anywhere and nearly at any time. It helps to clear
themindand focus. Depending on the type of meditation, you can also calm yourselforget energized. It doesn’t take a lot of time, and first thing in the morningisa great time to clear some meditation time. When traveling, it can seemdifficultto make time for meditation. However, meditation can also be achievedwhilewalking. You can combine exercise with a meditation session.
Positive Words Research – 6 Self-Care Tips for a Better Work-Life-Travel Balance