Michelle Branch, an American Musician said: “When I’m having a bad day, I pick up my guitar”. A guitar is one of the most expressive and musically diverse instruments in the world. Learning to play this musical instrument is about so much more as compared to trying to imitate our heroes. There are countless benefits of learn how to play guitar that can help any individual to become a better person.
Will learning guitar bring profound benefits?
People say that the brain of guitar player works differently as compared to the brain of other people, who do not play this instrument. Some people see this as a clever sign to the eccentric mastermind of some of the masters. On the flip side, there is certain physiological evidence as well. The art of learning to play the chords and reading musical sheets open up fresh neural pathways for guitar players. To be more specific, guitarists do a rewiring of their brain in a positive manner, which, in turn, leads to varied cognitive benefits.
Learn distinctive areas of benefits:
In fact, playing guitar will bring a whole lot of benefits under the following categories:
- Physical health benefits
- Mental Health benefits
- Professional development
- Personal development
- Social development
Let us explore the benefits under these 5 broad categories here:
Physical health benefits:
Of course, playing guitar will help with improving one’s creativity. In addition, it can bring the following physical health benefits as well:
- Relieves pain
- Lowers blood pressure
- Triggers weight loss
- Strengthens wrists and hands
Mental health benefits:
There is a wide range of cognitive benefits like motor skills, intelligence, and improving focus. Besides bringing cognitive benefits, when you learn to play guitar, you can get the following mental and emotional health benefits:
- Play guitar for stress relief
- To escape from anxiety, guitar playing is a good thing
- You can ensure that you will experience an improvement in your creative skills when you learn to play this instrument
- You can experience an improvement in your hopes
When you learn guitar, you will get professional development as well apart from personal development in your life. Yes, you will gain a can-do attitude even when challenging projects are handed over to you at your work. When you master a hard section of a favourite song over a weekend, handling those huge workloads at your office is not going to be a tough thing for you anymore. Here are the professional development benefits you can expect from practicing guitar:
- You will experience an improvement in your time management skill
- You might be surprised to know that guitar playing will help you with improving your English and math skills. You might feel how guitar playing will improve mathematical skills. But, it is the fact that music theory is built based on mathematical calculations with varied chords and scales.
If you are a man or a boy, there are most reasons to pick up a guitar as against scoring with girls. Remember that when you have the right intention and passion towards playing this instrument, you will reach new heights in your life. Learning to play guitar, will bring the following personal development benefits:
- You will experience an improvement in your memory and concentration
- You will also experience an improvement in your coordination and the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- You will be able to achieve new goals as against financial goals alone.
The guitar is an instrument that can bring people together as a group and can connect each other through music. As far as social development is concerned, you can get the following benefits when you learn to play this instrument:
- Playing guitar in a room full of your friends will help with raising the mood, thereby helping you to socialize with people.
- You can bring in new people into your world when you play this instrument
So, for these reasons, learning guitar can be the beneficial pastime activity that you can choose to learn from an experienced home tutor right at your home.
Author ~ Akshay Patni
Here at Positive Words Research, we are looking to share with our readers original content that hasn’t been published on other sites so if you are comfortable with Positive Words Research being your sole publisher, we are more than happy to share with our readers your inspiring and empowering story.