Can you recall how many times you tried dragging yourself to work? It can be definitely hard to be enthusiastic and excited about going to work after you have been doing it for quite a while. This can be very hard for most of us, however, let us rekindle your drive for your job.
Why Low Career Libido Happens?
Then, one day you wake up that you just do not feel the zeal for your work the way you once did. Nothing about your job has changed. However, it is your drive to do things which has suddenly died down.
We may not truly and fully understand this phase in our careers. Yet, our first instinct is to tell ourselves to pack things up and leave. Remember, as long as our job provides us with various opportunities, we are not being stagnant; so why don’t we exert some effort to bring the passion and drive back?
Though it can be hard to have an enthusiastic attitude about your job, even if you once found it to be exciting, it is easy to be caught in the pothole.
It does not mean that you need to find a new job as soon as you can. Sometimes, a change in your own perspective can turn things around. There are plenty of different things you can try to help your old job feel like a little more fun and exciting:
- Find some time to goof off with your workmates. It is important to take your job seriously. Just not too much. However, it does not mean that you have to take yourself and the job like too seriously. Have some fun at work. You can try to share some laugh and some fun with your friends at work. These simple things, to my surprise, can turn around the mood at work.
- Try changing your daily routine. One of the steps into shaking things up is by checking on your activities or routine. Try changing your assumptions and about what you have gotten used to. Perhaps when you are too familiar with what you do on a daily basis and eventually lost the magic of spontaneity. Everyday feels like a boring routine. Well, you might as well change a thing or two. This will somehow stir some fun and interest. You can change your bedroom setting. Rearrange your breakfast spot. Or hunt for redesigning plans from a huge home improvement blog online and look for painters in Sydney. You will surely find a lot of ideas on how to break the monotony through design and planning of your space.
- Set tour goals beyond what you normally have in a day. This will make you feel motivated. However, not all are great in working with you in establishing your goals and benchmarks for the day. Just do not take it against yourself. List down attainable goals. Plus, you can include goals that will make you exhaust your means and will make you exert extra effort. A milestone will make you achieve larger goals which will keep you motivated as you celebrate a victory along the way.
- Take the time to take a break. Just because you feel boredom at work, you shouldn’t also be busy and totally stressed out. The monotony of daily routines can definitely kill your enthusiasm for work. It is never wrong to ask for a time off. Once you had the chance to unwind, you will not feel the boredom that much.
- Never be afraid to help someone at work. To add a little fun and novelty into your life, you should get out of your way to make someone’s day even brighter. You do not have to do something extravagant not it has something to do with your job. Just learn one thing that can help bring some fun into your day. You will get that “helper’s high” when you help others and feel a sudden boost of mood. You will surely feel efficient and motivated instantaneously.
These are just of the ideas we can share to spruce and inject some fun into your boring day at work. How about you? How do you motivate yourself at work? Please let us know with the comments below!
Aiza Mabayag is a Manila-based writer who’s gone full-time freelancing about five years ago. Since then, she’s written for many overseas client including A One Korean Painting, a Sydney-based painting company.
Here at Positive Words Research, we are looking to share with our readers original content that hasn’t been published on other sites so if you are comfortable with Positive Words Research being your sole publisher, we are more than happy to share with our readers your inspiring and empowering story.