In the article How to Meditate for Clarity, Intuition, and Guidance, Jack Canfield answers the question What is meditation? with:
“Meditation is a practice where you train your mind or induce a state of consciousness, either to realize some benefit, such as relaxation, stress reduction, healing, strengthening your life force, or developing certain qualities such as love, patience, generosity, and forgiveness.”
He presents the 4 steps of the Simple Meditation: The 4-Part Meditation Technique:
1. Find a quiet place, close your eyes, and focus on slowing down your breathing;
2. Repeat an uplifting word or phrase;
3. Move into a state of quiet;
4. Imagine yourself surrounded by a sphere of light.
He also draws the following conclusions:
- Meditation takes practice and is a natural progression;
- Practice the above methods to calm your mind;
- Learning to meditate is a journey, this guide will help you take the right steps.
Find at Positive Words Research a wonderful article about 20 Simple Meditations to Create Peace of Mind and Joy.
Jack Canfield, America’s #1 Success Coach, is the founder of the billion-dollar book brand Chicken Soup for the Soul and a leading authority on Peak Performance and Life Success.