It is said that nowadays if your business is not online it does not exist. Although there are still many businesses that do not have a presentation website and are not even present on social media. What this statement wants to emphasize is the trend that is observed everywhere. This trend refers to the fact that more and more businesses are starting to make their presence felt online and they do these activities in a great style.
To be present online, besides writing articles or posts, you need some essential, basic things like buying a domain name that you pay annually, choosing your hosting partner where you want your files to be stored, and installing a platform through which you can publish various posts.
In this article, we will talk about point two, namely the importance of choosing the right hosting provider and what to look for when choosing your hosting.
Generally, you need a hosting provider to offer you dedicated servers and infrastructure solutions for your business. You need to search for help with the implementation of both simple and advanced web hosting solutions. One important aspect to take into consideration is the redundant and GEO-diversified infrastructure. The hosting needs to have a prompt and comprehensive approach to tasks of any complexity. And maybe even do IT with passion.
Benefits to Look for When Looking for a Hosting Provider
- 99,9% uptime – check if the hosting provides 99,9% server uptime, therefore to provide constant access to your online projects;
- Quick configuration – when ordering a dedicated server with a quick configuration feature make sure it allows you to set up a high performance and reliable environment in aproximately half an hour;
- No contracts – check that you can cancel your service simply by not prolonging it. In this case, your server or web host need to automatically expire on its expiry date;
- Good prices – these days you can find awesome hosting services at a reasonable price based on modern, high-performance equipment;
- Easy upgrades – when configuration changes happen they need to be connected with server upgrade and assure that no data is loss or undesirable interruptions in hardware operation will not happen. Also, check that you don’t have to change your IP addresses;
- Enterprise Servers – No desktop-solutions, only true modern server hardware from SuperMicro, HP, Dell, Juniper, Cisco;
- Traffic pool – check for a free option of joining several servers within one location into a common pool;
- Fully supported IPv6 – make sure you are able to use your native IPv6 addresses complete with reverse DNS instantly after your server activation;
- KVM virtualization – KVM provides guaranteed server resources for each VPS and let you easily install any OS you need.
Another aspect to look at is the VPS plan. When looking for VPN features check the following:
- Backup Storage – check to keep your important data on independent back up storage;
- Multiplatformity – Linux – and Microsoft Software – based Virtual Servers;
- Alternative control panels – check for both free and pay solutions for better comfort of the service use;
- Remote control – check to see if the virtual server power control option is included in the basic set;
- SSD Caching – processing of your projects can be increased more than 100 times;
- KVM Virtualization – KVM virtualization technology provides independent resources to each virtual server, and also provides the ability to install the necessary operating system distributions.
It is not easy to find the right hosting provider. Therefore, before choosing, make an analysis of what each one offers. The recommendation is even to send them an email with several questions to find out all the answers but also to check how quickly they answer you and how kind they are. Choosing the right hosting is a long-term decision, meaning a decision for several years. That’s why it should be a good decision.
Often you have to decide between choosing hosting from a well-known company or choosing to host from a company that has not been heard of in the market. Consider the fact that well-known hosting companies may have outdated servers and infrastructure and this will hurt you enormously. New hosting companies, even if they are unknown or smaller, have most likely invested in new servers and modern infrastructure. And this aspect is essential today.
If you do not choose a modern hosting, you risk seriously damaging your traffic and even crashing your site many times in a month which will attract the frustration of users and penalties in the Google search engine which will then be harder to fix.
Take your time, analyze more providers and choose rightly. But even if you don’t choose the right one, you can always transfer all your files to another hosting provider. Whatever you choose, make sure that you check to see if your hosting provider is modern and up to date. If you already have to host for many years, you may have to check if the services you receive are as good as those on the market today and if the prices are competitive with what it is now.
If your site is running slow and not loading fast or if you have a lot of downtime of the site during a month it is most likely a sign that you need to change your hosting provider. Think about it and make the right decision.