This week’s positive word is
Kindness is a characteristic that should be integrated into your life without a second thought.
Kindness leads directly to gratitude, appreciation, happiness and love. Being kind to someone can benefit you just as much as it benefits them.
There is actually scientific research that shows the benefits of being kind.
You can see the range of research here at Think Kindness
It’s true … it doesn’t actually cost anything to be kind! From a smile in the street, to letting someone in front of you in a queue or giving up your seat on the bus. Simple but effective acts of kindness that will be integrated into your life and make you a happier person.
So here’s five simple ways you can be kind today:
- Ask yourself which friend could do with your help? Even a simple text to ask how they are doing, tell them you are thinking about them, can truly lift their day.
- Do you have lots of clothes hanging in your wardrobe that need to be cleared out? Do it now! Donate to charity! In fact, go that one step further and give away an item that you love!
- When you’re out and about today, compliment someone … never underestimate how much they will need it.
- Hide notes of encouragement to your spouse, partner, family members, children, friends … whoever in your life needs it. Maybe they don’t need it, but it will show them how much you care and will boost their day.
- Visit someone who needs company; care homes and hospitals are the perfect places to spread kindness. You’ll be amazed at how many people don’t have visitors, so make a difference in their lives.
These five ideas are just the tip of the kindness boat … there are plenty of ways to show kindness and reap the benefits in the process. Remember, you can’t fail by being kind, as any kindness given is never wasted.
If you read my blog posts regularly on Positive Words Research, you’ll know that we have certain house rules in our home, and one of them is as follows:
The secrets of long-lasting happy relationships are:
- Building a climate of practicing kindness, generosity, friendship, joy, love, trust & intimacy;
- Honoring the “bids” meaning the requests for connection, requests for a response, sign of interest and support, when hoping to connect, however momentary;
- Responding to “bids” by turning toward the partner;
- The partner recognizes the “bid” and respects that by engaging, showing interest & support;
- Each partner meets their partner momentary emotional need;
- Scanning environment for things they can appreciate and can say thank you for;
- Building a culture of respect and appreciation very purposefully;
- Scanning the partner for what the partner is doing right;
- Managing not to miss more than 50 percent of positive things their partners are doing;
- Responding to “bids” by showing they are there, showing to the partner that he or she is valued;
- Kindness glues the couple together;
- They build an environment of kindness and emotional stability;
- They show each other through kindness that each partner is cared for, understood, and validated—feels loved;
- They know and act upon the knowledge that ” when someone receives or witnesses kindness, the more they will be kind themselves, which leads to upward spirals of love and generosity in a relationship”;
- The partners consider kindness as a muscle. They exercise this muscle to keep it in shape;
- Partners know that good relationship requires sustained hard work;
- They treasure the development and expression of a generous spirit. They express this generous spirit a lot and let it come in when a partner makes a bid so that they can turn toward their partner;
- They enhance small moments of emotional connection and therefore constantly gently empowering the relationship;
- The partners practice kindness in hard times and during a fight—they consider that this is the most important time to be kind;
- The partners express negative emotions in a kind way;
- The partners consider that if you want to have a stable, healthy relationship, exercise kindness early and often and built kindness into the very backbone of a relationship;
- The partners practice kindness by being generous about partner’s intentions;
- The partners practice having an ability to kindly interpret partner’s actions and intentions charitably and they soften the sharp edge of conflict.
- Partners appreciate the intent of the other partner to do the things right even if they have executed it poorly;
- Partners practice another powerful kindness strategy revolved around shared joy.
- Partners show that they are there for each other when things go right. They think shared joy is actually more important for relationship quality. They respond with joy to the partner’s good news.
- Finally, there’s active constructive responding. If her partner responded in this way, he stopped what he was doing and engaged wholeheartedly with her: “That’s great! Congratulations! When did you find out? Did they call you? What classes will you take the first semester?”
“Active constructive responding is the kindest. Active constructive responding allows the partner to savor her joy and gives the couple an opportunity to bond over the good news. In the parlance of the Gottmans, active constructive responding is a way of “turning toward” your partners bid (sharing the good news). Active constructive responding is critical for healthy relationships. Those who showed genuine interest in their partner’s joys were more likely to be together. The spirit of kindness and generosity guides them forward.
Active constructive responding is critical for healthy relationships. Those who showed genuine interest in their partner’s joys were more likely to be together. The spirit of kindness and generosity guides them forward.”
The secret of a long-lasting happy relationship, proved by science, is that a lasting relationship comes down to—you guessed it—kindness and generosity.
Source of the article: 1 and picture: 2
The below mantras are affirmations (please be careful not to say them as questions). Because when we say them, we are not questioning or asking for approval, we are actually affirming them all, in loving kindness. Also, we are not affirming these sentences to bother, we are affirming them as a personal choice. Smile a little bit in a kind way when you say the affirmations quietly, in your mind.
Loving-kindness is a softer intensity of the energy of love. To truly understand what love really feels like, first we must start by practicing kindness and then loving-kindness.
The following affirmations are conscious choices, affirmed as a reminder that we’ve decided to choose Loving Kindness as a way of being:
Related to ME:
- May I be filled with loving kindness.
- May I be well.
- May I be peaceful and at ease.
- May I be happy.
- May I be appreciative and thankful.
- May I be blessed with pure love and light.
- May I be blessed with pure source energy.
- May I be joyful. May I be now smiling.
- May I be in my body filled with truth.
- May I be larger to cultivate more loving kindness.
- May I be healthy.
- May I be safe and sustained by Light and Earth.
- May I be blessed.
Related to YOU:
- May You be filled with loving kindness.
- May You be well.
- May You be peaceful and at ease.
- May You be happy.
- May You be appreciative and thankful.
- May You be blessed with pure love and light.
- May You be blessed with pure source energy.
- May You be joyful.
- May You be now smiling.
- May You be in your body filled with truth.
- May You be larger to cultivate more loving kindness.
- May You be healthy.
- May You be safe and sustained by Light and Earth.
- May You be blessed.
Related to LIFE:
- May Life on Earth be filled with loving kindness.
- May Life on Earth be well.
- May Life on Earth be peaceful and at ease.
- May Life on Earth be happy.
- May Life on Earth be appreciative and thankful.
- May Life on Earth be blessed with pure love and light.
- May Life on Earth be blessed with pure source energy.
- May Life on Earth be joyful.
- May Life on Earth be now more about smiling.
- May Life on Earth be about more bodies filled with truth.
- May Life on Earth be larger to cultivate more loving kindness.
- May Life on Earth be healthy.
- May Life on Earth be safe and sustained by Light and Earth.
- May Life on Earth be blessed.
How did you feel after reading this affirmations?
Do you feel more love and connection?
Share it bellow.